Friday, January 21, 2011

Elvis Cake! {2/52 M3B}

~Disclaimer: I am exceedingly late in posting this, and for that, I apologize.~

I attended a shower for my lovely sister-in-law the weekend of January 15th. It was at the home of one of our co-workers. The atmosphere at her home is lovely and it is always comfortable to be there. She and her husband are both from Louisiana. She was kind enough to teach me how she makes homemade gumbo a few months back!

Anyway- back to the shower. All who attended were charmed. The food spread was abundant and all so yummy. The highlight for me was the bowl of cut frozen fruit. Yummy!

The star of the show, however and week #2's picture is of the cake that was served. The bakery that it was purchased at is owned by a friend of the hostesses. The baker's husband is a huge Elvis Presley fan. So she set out to create a cake that incorporated many of Elvis' stereotypical 'favorite' foods. It is a chocolate cake with a banana pudding filling covered with a peanut butter buttercream frosting and topped off with caramelized bacon. It is quite the concoction! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment